Friday 4 December 2020

Friday 4th December 2020: Reflection: Valerie Edis

 


Hope in our Journey

 

The first candle in my picture is representing Hope and listening to Ian’s sermon on Sunday he stressed certain words, which I may use later. Ian mentioned that in looking forward to the Nativity and the Coming of Christ again we go on a journey towards that end. It was the word “journey” which stood out for me.

What a journey we have travelled this year. A journey of using our resources to do things differently. A journey no-one expected to take.  Hopefully we have learned new ways to cope.

So as we journey towards Christmas, this Advent, we were reminded by Ian, to live in hope by being watchful, alert and appreciating the presence of God. Most of us have realised we have had time to slow down so do not rush to anticipate Christmas but enjoy the journey.

Finally a prayer.

Christ , my saviour, come and dwell within me, that I may journey forth with the light of hope in my eyes and with faith and love in my heart. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas Eve: Nativity Scene: Hazel Richardson

  Hazel writes: Here is a photo of our nativity scene. At first it had no shepherds, which bothered me, so I eventually bought one - althoug...